"In the Beginning Was the Word" - The Pre-existence of Christ
No. 12 - Mt. Sinai and the Second Coming Compared
Summary: The Lord's appearances to Moses were relatively frequent. In messages 9-12, we follow the path of the Lord's revelation of Himself to Moses, and see how this man's original curiosity to see why the bush didn't burn, developed into a relationship that was quite deep, moving and profound. In this particular message, the Lord's descent upon Mt.Sinai in Exodus 19 (see below) is compared with the prophesied events of the Second Coming.
Exodus 19:16-20 – a foretaste of Christ’s return
· And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings,
· and a thick cloud upon the mount,
· and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud;
· so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
· And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
· And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace,
· and the whole mount quaked greatly.
· And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder,
· Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.
· And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount:
· and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.